I have downloaded an updated Linux kernel which I need installed in order to
use a certain piece of software.  This is my first time doing a kernel
compilation.  I went through the long "make config" (actually xconfig)
process, and carefully set all the right options.

I didn't see anything in the kernel options relating to ReiserFS support,
and I don't know exactly what I am supposed to do to make sure that I have
ReiserFS support after I install the new kernel.  I need it because I set up
most of my partitions with ReiserFS when I set up Mandrake, including the
root (/) partition.

Obviously, right now ReiserFS is working perfectly with my current kernel,
but is there anything I have to do to make sure that it stays working as
beautifully after the new kernel is installed?  I don't even know if
Mandrake installs ReiserFS as a module or whether it can be compiled into
the kernel.  I read in the file Documentation/modules.txt (in the Linux
kernel source directory) that things like support for the root file system
must be compiled into the kernel, and can't be loaded as a module, so this
is what makes me a bit unsure.

Thanks,

Paul Hoepfner-Homme