David Walluck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > * Wed Jul 26 2000 Thierry Vignaud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 1.00-4mdk
> >
> > - remove packager tag
>
> Isn't the packager tag useful? Especially so people on cooker know who to
> contact to report a bug.

rpm set it automatically by the means of ~/.rpm{rc,macros}.
But some people put Packager Tag in spec files, which is odd
because when someone else'll rebuilt the package, the odds are high
that he won't see it.
This tag was quite a number used in contrib spec files because Lenny
wanted to please people who contributed.
As for me, when i use a spec file from mdk.com/incoming, i either
put the guy email in changelog or (if i did some alterations) put mine
and the contributor one's like this :
* DATA MY_NAME <MY_EMAIL> VERSION-RESLEASE
- blabla
- X_NAME <X_EMAIL> :
        * blabla
         * bla

So, the packager tag shouldn't be used. rpm enforce that the real packager
(ie the guy who compile it on the reference box and ensure the package is ok)
has its name and email in the rpm packager field so that people will send email
to the right people and not to someone who've contributed a package because he
need it and would like to help the communauty but don't care to be buried by
thousands of request email.

see you.

--
        -- (c) tv, DUT anglais technique & gestion - administration department