As KDE 2 propose to use the search engine ht://Dig for the search of his documentation, should ht://Dig get in cooker now ?
If so, I suggest also you add the accent patch to manage fuzzy searching on accented caracters (everyday users of ht://Dig know how important it is).

Linux-Mandrake also should have a better integration of ht://Dig (links with dictionnaries, better integration with Apache, and so on (I can discribe precisaly if you intend to do it)).
Last ht://Dig Mandrake RPM package also have some problem to work : I suggest to see the problem of the sorting process when we use accented caracters. I discribe it and publish a solution in the htdig mailing list. Just search for the word "Mandrake" in the www.htdig.org page... or if you like I can discribe it here.

Of course, in next Mandrake release, ht://Dig even should be automatically installed if KDE 2 package is chosen in the install process.

Charles Népote.