"Michael Irving" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

> GCC doesn't work after installation. I had to do a rpm -Uvh gcc-2* --force
> to get it to work. (Getting some missing perl file if I don't do this).
[...]
> This is the same with ncurses. I have to --force an additional install of it
> to get it to work on a new compile.

i'll test.

> Also this is a design flaw as I see it. If I select Expert and choose
> Develop machine then I select 100%. Then I would expect to get EVERY package
> that doesn't cause a conflict but I don't. I don't even get all the -devel
> packages for the libs that are installed. (I get some of them but not all of
> them)

well, not really a design flaw. Just a small number needs to be changed to have
this behaviour.

install_steps_interactive:300   my $min_mark = $::beginner ? 25 : 1;

(the number has correspondance in compssList)
I don't even remember why it was set to 1 instead of 0, at least for expert...

> IMNHO I think the installer needs a lookover.

booh, you naughty :'-(

> I also tested RPMDrake and it 'installed' a few packages but when I looked
> for the files they just weren't there.

ok, i'll have a look too.