The new generation of DVD-RAM 2 allows 4.7GB per side, and single sided disk
can be removed from the caddy and placed in a normal DVD-ROM drive. For the
moment the units are only available in Japan. If there was not this stupid
CSS we would have DVD-RW on our desks by now.

(I'm french, region 2, leaving in Fiji Region 4 married to an Indian Region
3, buying DVD from the USA, region 1: Do I need to buy 4 DVD players?)

Pioneer manufactures a DVD-R drive for USD5700. The DVD-RAM2 drive should be
around USD1000. It should then be easy to release Mandrake on DVD...

Any support on Mandrake for these drives ? Can I do Mepg2 on Mandrake?
Anythink like Adobe Premiere ?

Way to go for World Domination...

Franck Martin
Database Development Officer
SOPAC South Pacific Applied Geoscience Commission
Fiji
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Web site: http://www.sopac.org/ <http://www.sopac.org/>