> Might seem like a silly question.... but... Why does the hackkernel RPM
> automatically install an SMP kernel. I would think that a single
> processor RPM
> would be convenient and more practical. I'm in the process of
> compiling the
> source anyways, but for people that don't want to do that the
> nonSMP RPM would
> be nice.

well normally when you install a smp kernel on a non-smp machine it still
works, but of courswe it's better if
you compile it optimized for for SMP|NOSMP.

having that said, the next release of linux-mandrake is definitely going to
be mainly kernel 2.2 based as kernel 2.4 hs not even reached "production"
state ..