Alexander Skwar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi!
>
> Why are there conflicting packages in the contrib and cooker subtree on the
> mirrors?  Most of the packages below have a newer version in cooker than in

Most of the time it's when a package moves from contribs to cooker,
because QA has to manually erase the old ones from contribs.

I think they shall take this in account and clean this up now.

[...]

> perl-5.00503-10mdk.src.rpm                    contrib
> perl-5.600-11mdk.src.rpm                      cooker

One time and for all: all the Perl stuff in contribs is for
back-compatibility. It's Perl 5.0.x stuff.

[...]

--
Guillaume Cottenceau -- Distribution Developer for MandrakeSoft
http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/