Hi,

I'm finding the following plain weird. I don't know if it's a cooker
related issue or not. Here it goes:

I'm running my systems on runlevel 5. I'm currently logged onto my x86
box through gdm, gnome session (running up2date cooker). A KDE session
produces the same result. I then open an xterm, ssh to my other system,
do an "export DISPLAY=stefan:0" and try to start some X-application. I
then get the following error message:

[stefan@alpha stefan]$ Xlib: connection to "stefan:0.0" refused by
server
Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
xterm Xt error: Can't open display: stefan:0

[1]+  Exit 1                  xterm

The funny thing is that my homedir is NFS-shared (the .Xauthority is
identical on both machine, hence the NFS shared homedir).

Normally i don't get these errors, starting X-apps from the other box
normally works. Maybe the latest (cooker) XFree86 version I installed
over the weekend is causing this...

XFree86-100dpi-fonts-4.0.1-7mdk
XFree86-4.0.1-7mdk
XFree86-75dpi-fonts-4.0.1-7mdk
XFree86-devel-4.0.1-7mdk
XFree86-libs-4.0.1-7mdk
XFree86-server-4.0.1-7mdk
XFree86-server-common-3.3.6-18mdk
XFree86-static-libs-4.0.1-7mdk
XFree86-xfs-4.0.1-7mdk
XFree86-Xnest-4.0.1-7mdk
XFree86-Xvfb-4.0.1-7mdk

Can someone reproduce this, or has my machine (and my head ??) gone
haywire?

Stefan