Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:

> what do you mean native alsa ? without DevFs ?
No I mean the modules that deliver sound capabilities strictly inside
alsa architecture. Due to some reason only these modules get loaded at
start. Those that add OSS emulation (snd-*-oss.o) remain unloaded.
Before, I installed DevFS they loaded altogether. No changes on scripts,
configuration or settings was done, except a few lines added to
devfsd.conf (according to Alsa's INSTALL file. That was the only
addittional requirement in Alsa docs.)

The OSS emulation files load if you try them through modprobe or insmod.

Ektanoor