On Sun, 27 Aug 2000, Christopher Molnar wrote:

> 1. We do no more code updates from kde cvs and I go to a static file list.
> 2. We leave this the way it is for now so I can continue updating and not
> spending 10 hours to rebuild 2 packages and possible messing a lot of things
> up.
>
> Personally, I thing #2 is preferable judging from the large number of bug
> fixes still being checked in and much more critical things that need to be
> fixed.

This seems to me like a bug in rpm.

I know that I get this:

S.5....T   /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/KDE
.M......   /usr/bin/kdesu
.M......   /usr/bin/konsole_grantpty
S.5....T   /usr/share/config/kdmrc

Now in rpm if I had:

%files
%defattr(-,root,root)
/usr/bin/*
%attr(1755,root,root) /usr/bin/kdesu

Why should rpm tell me that a file is listed twice? If it is, I would
rather have the last listing of the file override all others. So then
something like this would work. I hate RPM :)

In any case, it seems to be that creating a file list using find (like
Mandrake used to do). And then using sed to change the 2 files you want
will work and not leave those M errors.

While we're on the subject. Everytime I install kdelibs-sound, artsd
doesn't have permission to read from the sound device. I can do:

chmod 4755 /usr/bin/artsd

everytime... but I don't think I should ahve to do that. Note that my
sound devices are owned by group sys. The permissions on /usr/bin/artsd
are 755 root.root. Now root is in the sys group, so I'm not sure what's
gong on here... little help? :)

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck