Hi Till!

> By compiling the version 4.0a2 of the GIMP-Print "stp" driver into
> GhostScript (20mdk) I obtained support for the printers listed below.

Great work! I wouldn't have expected that being so fast (and easy ? ;-)

> This driver has a big bunch of adjustable options, so that when you use
> it with CUPS and the most recent cups-driver package (5mdk) you can do
> all on your inkjet which you can do under windows (quality levels,
> dithering methods, optimization for paper types, 6-color photo printing
> ...). The driver supports also some lasers.

Well I know that my printer, a Canon BJC 6000 has a bug with the
current version which prevents printing at 1420x720 dpi. The density
is calculated wrong. You can find a fix in the CVS of gimp-print (I
supplied a patch and a slightly changed variant got in and I tested
it succesfully (I call it gimp-print 4.0a3-pre1 ;-)

Well it seems time that I finally switch to cups (again) :-)

Best regards,

Reinhard Katzmann

--
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Current Projects: Linux-Installation Mandrake 7.1 (99% finished)
                  Improvements of Driver for Tevion Tablet
                  Java-DB and -Interface for Pincity (95 % finished)
GnuPG Public Key available on request.

PGP signature