[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Reinhard Katzmann) writes:

> --H+4ONPRPur6+Ovig
>
> Hi Fr=E9d=E9ric
>
> (Those french accents will drive me nuts sometime ;-)

That's why we use them :)

> > > I failed to compile/install GConf-0.8. There is a strange error I don't
> > > quite understand:
> >=20
> > Have you been able to compile GConf-0.8 with libxml-devel-1.8.9 ?
>
> Just tried again and no, but it does not work (same error). Switched to
> libxml2 (ln -sf /usr/bin/xml2-config /usr/bin/xml-config :-) but the
> error remains (I have meanwhile installed the binary). Might this be
> a problem which is related to my glibc-static-problem ?

Don't use libxml2 at all. It is not used by Gnome yet and code must
be modified to be compliant with libxml2. It will probably be done for
Gnome 2.0..

Try to remove libxml2 and libxml2-devel, reinstall libxml,
libxml-devel and send here your error message.

Thanks :)

--
Frédéric Crozat
MandrakeSoft