Hello, World!

Today I've got me a D-Link DFE-530TX NIC.  This card uses the VIA Rhine
module, but requires v1.07 (and up) of the driver.   Could you please update
the network drivers?  The kernel only includes v1.01 of this driver.

You can find the most (?) current driver on the page
http://www.scyld.com/network/ethercard.html .  There are drivers for:

- VIA Rhine, VIA Rhine II cards (outdated in current 17-0.23mdk kernel)
        ftp://www.scyld.com/pub/network/via-rhine.c
- National Semiconductor DP83815 (not included in stock kernel)
        ftp://www.scyld.com/pub/network/natsemi.c
- Adaptec DuraLAN (AKA "Starfire") (also not in the kernel)
        ftp://www.scyld.com/pub/network/starfire.c
- Sundance ST201 "Alta" chip (again not in standard kernel)
        ftp://www.scyld.com/pub/network/sundance.c
- Winbond w89c840 cards (also not in the standard kernel)
        ftp://www.scyld.com/pub/network/winbond-840.c

To actually compile these drivers, you'll also need
http://www.scyld.com/network/pci-scan.c ,
http://www.scyld.com/network/pci-scan.h and
http://www.scyld.com/network/kern_compat.h .  Please consider updating this,
as the at least the D-Link NIC is a quite commonly used card (at least
around here) and would thus enable quite some users to make use of their
network cards in Mandrake.

Thanks.

Alexander Skwar
--
Homepage:       http://www.digitalprojects.com | http://www.dp.ath.cx
Sichere Mail?   Mail an [EMAIL PROTECTED] fuer GnuPG Keys