On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> I recently upgraded my printing configuration to latest lpr &
> ghostscript packages.
> Here some of the problems i had encountered :
> - new lpr package renames standard printing command to command-lpd,so i
> had to symlink them by their standard names to use printing apps, as
> dvips for ex.
> - my ps files are printed as raw text, so i thought my printing filters
> had to be updated.

Have you tried using kups to configure printer and removing remarque in
/etc/cups/cupsd.conf to generate usable printcap (after from init.d cups or
cups.rpmnew with restart ....):
# Printcap: the name of the printcap file.  Default is no filename.
# Leave blank to disable printcap file generation.
#
Printcap /etc/printcap

-
Franco Silvestro
c/o CeSIA - Universita' degli Studi di Bologna
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]