I would like to try out the KDE 2.0 Beta so I downloaded and installed
the following files from the cooker site:

kde1-compat-1.1.2-4mdk.i586.rpm
kdeaddutils-1.93-4mdk.i586.rpm
kdeadmin-1.93-4mdk.i586.rpm
kdebase-1.93-9mdk.i586.rpm
kdegames-1.93-3mdk.i586.rpm
kdegraphics-1.93-3mdk.i586.rpm
kdelibs-1.93-4mdk.i586.rpm
kdelibs-sound-1.93-4mdk.i586.rpm
kdemultimedia-1.93-3mdk.i586.rpm
kdenetwork-1.93-3mdk.i586.rpm
kdepim-1.93-3mdk.i586.rpm
kdesupport-1.93-7mdk.i586.rpm
kdetoys-1.93-2mdk.i586.rpm
kdeutils-1.93-2mdk.i586.rpm
kdoc-1.93-2mdk.noarch.rpm
koffice-1.93-7mdk.i586.rpm
qt2-2.2-0.7mdk.i586.rpm
qt2-devel-2.2-0.7mdk.i586.rpm

I also use a graphical X login screen.  Prior to installation I had the
following choices for window managers:

kde,Gnome,WindowMaker,Enlightenment,Sawmill,BlackBox,AfterStep,Fvwm2,Icewm,Fvwm1,failsafe,default.

These appear in the usual popup menu with one choice per line.

After installing the RPMs listed above (using rpm --nodeps --force -ivh
*.rpm) and rebooting I get a login screen which appears to have only one

choice of window manager which is listed on one long line as:

kde;Gnome;WindowMaker;Enlightenment;Sawmill;BlackBox;AfterStep;Fvwm2;Icewm;Fvwm1;failsafe;default

when I login using this choice I get a default window manager (I
don'tknow what its name is, but its not kde).

I can fix this problem by loging in a s root and editing the
/usr/share/config/kdmrc  file and changing the line

SessionTypes=kde;Gnome;WindowMaker;Enlightenment;Sawmill;BlackBox;AfterStep;Fvwm2;Icewm;Fvwm1;failsafe;default

SessionTypes=kde,Gnome,WindowMaker,Enlightenment,Sawmill,BlackBox,AfterStep,Fvwm2,Icewm,Fvwm1,failsafe,default.

After making this change, the login window shows the usual popup menu
with one choice of window manager per line and everything works fine.

Here's my problem if I reboot the machine the login window is goofed up
again until I re-edit the kdmrc file.  How do I fix this problem?