Hi Stefan and Cookers!

> This has been going on for some time now, and more packages suffer from
> this. Take a look at the buildoutputs in:
>
> http://d10179.dtk.chello.nl/build/cooker/i586/LPR0/

I'll look into it
Ok, seems to come from the pentiumpro option in /usr/lib/rpm/rpmrc. RPM-Maintainer:
Please change the i586-Value of mcpu=pentiumpro (i686) ti mcpu=pentium! to avoid
these problems.

A question: Would there be an advantage if I compile on my AMD K6-2 with k6 compiler
option instead of i586 ? (I could imagine 3D-Packages, XFree/Mesa or such).

> Try to disable this option and see if it fixes (99.99% sure).
>
> We'll see if we definitely remove this option, or we try to find a fix
> the compiler.

I don't think a fix is necessary, you (Guillaume :) just misunderstood (?) that
i586-Platform is called pentium and i686 is called pentiumpro. But to really
be sure one would have to test this against a real i586 platform, not a AMD-K6.

Best regards (and Thanks),

Reinhard Katzmann
--
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Current Projects: Linux-Installation Mandrake 7.1 (99% finished)
                  Improvements of Driver for Tevion Tablet
                  Java-DB and -Interface for Pincity (95 % finished)
GnuPG Public Key available on request.

PGP signature