On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 01:20:19AM +0800, Geoffrey Lee wrote:

> > Francis Galiegue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > > Uh, I meant %{_initrddir} - I keep forgetting that RPM expands macros even in
> > > changelogs...
> >
> > patch welcome...
> >

> Nah, I don't think that we should change this for now ..
> It is expected behavior in RPM or at least send a note to jbj about this?

Actually I think that's quite useful.  People who just want to install the
binary RPM don't care that much that %{_initrddir} expands to
/etc/rc.d/init.d.  But people who rebuild the SRPM might/will have a look at
the spec file, and can see the macro there.

Besides, using %%{_initrddir} would solve that problem as %% is expanded to
just one % followed by {_initrddir}, isn't it?

Alexander Skwar
--
Homepage:       http://www.digitalprojects.com | http://www.dp.ath.cx
Sichere Mail?   Mail an [EMAIL PROTECTED] fuer GnuPG Keys