On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Till Kamppeter wrote:
> Peter Ruskin wrote:
> >
> > Are there any CUPS drivers for HP720C printers (ppa)?
> >

> I have looked now, there is one, choose HP and then HP Deskjet 720C. Be
> sure that you have installed the most recent versions of pnm2ppa,
> ghostscript, cups, and cups-driver (from the Cooker).

Thanks Till.  I have pnm2ppa-1.0-2mdk; ghostscript-5.50-22mdk;
cups-1.1.2.12mdk; cups-drivers-0.3.6.6mdk.  Works fine from the CUPS WWW
admin tool, but I need to print from KDE apps, etc. and, despite editing
/etc/cups/cupsd.conf to read "Printcap /etc/printcap" and adding a printer
from the admin tool, printcap doesn't get generated.  Also, when I try "lp
(or lpr) filename [Enter] from a console as a non-root user, I get:
"lp: unable to print file: The requested resource was not found on this
server."
What am I doing wrong?

 Peter Ruskin          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Wrexham, UK          KDE - the professionals' choice