Frederic Crozat wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Eugenio Diaz) writes:
>
> > --- Antony Suter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > The names of the ppp modules have been changed in
> > > kernel 2.4.0.
> > > To get my system to dial like it used to under
> > > kernel 2.2.16 I had to
> > > modprobe ppp_generic and modprobe ppp_async. I think
> > > the better solution is
> > > to put the following line in my modules.conf:-
> > >
> > > alias char-major-108 ppp_async

This is in the hackkernel 2.4.0 Documentation/Changes file:-

"If you build ppp support as modules, you will need the following in
your /etc/modules.conf file:

alias char-major-108    ppp_generic
alias /dev/ppp          ppp_generic
alias tty-ldisc-3       ppp_async
alias tty-ldisc-14      ppp_synctty
alias ppp-compress-21   bsd_comp
alias ppp-compress-24   ppp_deflate
alias ppp-compress-26   ppp_deflate"

--
- Antony Suter  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])  "Examiner"  openpgp:71ADFC87
- "And how do you store the nuclear equivalent of the universal solvent?"