Hi all,

I recently got LM7.2 beta. Here are the problems and bugs I have
reported during setup: (Everything was seen during "Expert" mode)

Important bugs:
============

- Perhaps it's not a bug, but I've seen that the standard security for a
workstation is now "low". In LM 7.1 it was "medium". I think this would
be much better...

Some other bugs:
==============

- When I choose the mouse (it's an MS IntelliMouse, ps/2) and press
next, the mouse disappears. I think it's not needed that the working
driver (standard mouse) will be replaced while setup. LM7.1 did this
without any problems.

- When selecting packages, the're size is listed in a wrong unit: MB
instead of KB. I reported this in german setup, perhaps it's okay with
the english one...

- When selecting KDE-packages, all i18n-packages are selected. It would
be easier to look at the language that was selected (also the
"additional languages")

- Same problems with the locales-packages: They are all selected by
default, but why not having a look at the chosen language ???

- In german installation, letters like "ä", "ö" and "ü" are not shown.
The left frame (which shows the progress of your installation) shows
them, but the right frames (i.e. the help frame) just miss them. You
know what I mean ??? Example: "Die ausgewählten Pakete ..." looks like
"Die ausgewhlten Pakete ..."

- If I change the color of the installation screen with one of the
buttons on the left bottom, I sometimes get to another position.
Example: After choosing "Expert mode", you'll be asked if you are sure.
If you now change the color, you're back at the previous position.

Hints:
=====

- It would be good if DiskDrake would sign ReiserFS partitions with a
reserved color. Right now, it's shown as "unknown"...

- Why can people select "German (Germany)" and "German (Austria)" ??? As
far as I know, this is exactly the same...

- It would be good if only one printer driver would be installed. Every
printer driver is selected by default. Why could you not let
Printerdrake install the needed printer driver ???

- I would like to have a button "This is a notebook" within the install
process. If I check it, the pcmcia and the apm stuff will be installed.
If it is not selected, they are not needed. (The problem is that LM
starts pcmcia and apm services after my installation. I don't have a
laptop, so I don't need them...)

- The Linux-Mandrake-Logo on top of the installation screen looks ugly
to me. I think it's stored in a low resolution. Please change this...

- Why is the installation of the packages so slow ??? For installing 1
GB it took me 3 hours to install. With LM 7.1 it was about 1 hour
faster. But this is still too much I think...

- Some german translation errors: "Auswähle" instead of "Auswählen",
"Installatio" instead of "Installation". Not important, but correct :-)

- I tried to start KImon, which should show the status of the ISDN
device. This is an applet for the panel of KDE 1.x. KDE 2 doesn't show
this in the panel, but it opens a big window with the image that sould
be in the panel. Is there a compatibility mode for KDE 1.x-Applets ???

Right now, that's all I have seen.
Thank you for having a look at these problems...

Bye
Michael