(1) kpacman -
        should have a dependency on kde-compat-1

(2) sane -
        permissions. xscanimage failed to find devices when user != root.
        Leads to gtk assertion in gimp ( main_loops != NULL). Very ugly.

(3) sane again -
        xscanimage doesn't match man page. xscanimage on its own reports
        its a plugin to be run under gimp; man xscanimage gives other
        actions. Also, man page documents adding a symlink under gimp;
        in gimp-1.1 this is already done automatically.

(4) Irish language installation
        - a lot of the labels on the left are truncated for some
        reason. Why ?

(5) Upgrading an old cooker installation  failed - hung when looking for
packages to install.
        (no CD activity, couldn't change to console; X hung)

(6) When installing instead:
        First didn't have the extensions CD, failed to record this fact
        properly on eject (it repeatedly asked me to insert extensions CD,
        saying press 'cancel' if I didn't have it)

(7) Asked twice about internet connections, but not printer ?

Alastair McKinstry - <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crom Lar, Ballinahalla, Maigh Cuilinn, Gaillimh, Ireland
Phone: +353 91 556177, Mobile/Fax +353 87 6847928