On Sat Sep 16, 2000 at 02:55:17AM +0800, Geoffrey Lee wrote:

> > I noticed that the version of xpdf in the 7.1 security updates directory is
> > more recent than the version of xpdf in cooker...
>
> Yep it was /me who told Vincent about the security bugs, but I only learned
> of ther after reading the changelog which was *after* I packaged and uploaded
> one to cooker.
>
> As forthe updates,then I don't know what Vincent did with it. :) I wouldn't be
> too surprised if he rebuilt it because we need to back-port things around here
> like macro-izations ..etc.

Completely.  People should be aware (ok, we never told you but...)
the -3mdk in 7.1 updates, the -2mdk in 7.0/6.x updates, and the -1mdk
in cooker are all built differently.  I can't make -1mdk for
everything because the specs are all different.

The -#mdk is just a patch-level anyways...  They are all 0.91 so the
version is the same, just the patch-level differs, and this is, as
Geoffrey said, due to macros in specfiles, etc.  Backporting is *so*
much fun... =)

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED], OpenPGP key available on www.keyserver.net
// Danen Consulting Services    www.danen.net, www.freezer-burn.org

Current Linux uptime: 17 hours 43 minutes.