Hi!

On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 06:41:23PM -0400, pgeorges wrote:
> Reinhard Katzmann a écrit :
>
> > Where is ld-linux.so.1 ? This should belong to the libc
> > package but it's not in there, so WordPerfect8 from 1998
> > (binary only), one of the better Word Processors which I
> > need for daily work does no longer run. I'm using a maybe
> > one or two weeks old cooker updated from 7.1.
>
> Nowhere.

Well that what I saw meanwhile as well (did not need to check
all the files, compat-ld.so was not there, so it's not in there
as I knew from previous postings that this lib was removed when
the ldconfig package was wiped out.

> I use this script "findinrpm.sh (C) Pascal Georges 2000 - all rights
> reserved" (notice that RPMs directory is hardcoded):
>
> #!/bin/sh
> for i in /RPMS/*.rpm ; do
>         if rpm -qlp $i | grep $1 > /dev/null ; then
>                 $result ; echo "Found $1 in $i"
>         fi
> done

Hmm, I simply do rpm -qpil /RPMS/*.rpm | grep ld-linux.so or
instead of grep a less and search directly for the file.

> PS : I had to write this script because I was unable to find an option
> in rpm to do this.

Well my rpm binaries always accepted more than one rpm-package as long
as I can remember back.

Ok, a compat-ld.so-1.9.5-13mdk (this is the version from 7.1) might be
good but there is a potential problem:
Since I installed the package with --force (though the two packages
don't contain a single identical file, I cannot install the old one.
Upgrading with --oldpackage would not help in this case ;-)
I can no longer start sawfish. I always get a segmentation fault. I
tried to strace/ltrace it, but the error happens somewhere in librep
so no closer debug info on this problem.

It's important to include ld-linux.so.1 with the next 7.2 update or
you surely get complains for the Wordperfect 8 case (isn't this even
included in the professional version of Mandrake 7.1 ?)

Best regards,

Reinhard Katzmann
--
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]