Hi Moshe!

> > Well actualy mandrake DOES include smbprint in its samba package, and I have
> > it installed.
> >
> > [root@dark /root]# rpm -qf /usr/bin/smbprint
> > samba-client-2.0.6-4mdk
> >
> > SHadowX
>
> But not in latest cooker - (samba-client-2.0.7-7mdk)
> The only way it worked for me was to install
> samba-client-2.0.7-4utmp from Redhat.

No, you're wrong here definitifely. I just checked myself
(and smb printing works for me at office):

[root@linux cups]# rpm -qf `which smbprint`
samba-client-2.0.7-7mdk
[root@linux cups]#

Maybe something is wrong with your samba-client-package,
so you might want to reinstall it.

> Anyway, it is easily tested by the command you just provided,
> so to the original poster, you can use
>     #rpm -qf /usr/bin/smbprint
> to see if you have smbprint in your samba-client package.

It works for me :) Hopefully ShadowX can test if smbprint itself
works, before seeking the problem within cups.

Best regards,

Reinhard Katzmann
--
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]