Hello Sergio,

Monday, September 18, 2000, 8:49:48 AM, you wrote:

SPK> When is this going to come to a total STOP (freeze)
SPK> every time I think I am done downloading packages,

SPK> See lots of new packages being added...

SPK> receiving file list ... done
SPK> deleting 7.2beta/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/alsa-source-2.2.17_0.5.9c-5mdk.i586.rpm
SPK> deleting 7.2beta/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/alsa-2.2.17_0.5.9c-5mdk.i586.rpm
SPK> 7.2beta/SRPMS/
SPK> 7.2beta/i586/Mandrake/
SPK> 7.2beta/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/
SPK> 7.2beta/i586/Mandrake/base/
SPK> 7.2beta/i586/Mandrake/.update_in_progress ((( <==========<<<
SPK> 6 (100%)

SPK> Is this 'continuous' upgrading of packages near
SPK> to an end? (sure hope so...) I want to install...!!!

For me is the same! I can't complete a BIG download that others 140 Mb
are on the way :(
Please, is possible to check packages before uploading?

I'm thinking to XFree86 libs some days ago...
Or cups... and kernel-2.2.17-4mdk/5/6/7/8/9.... 10 is better thing, just
some minute on ftp before 11.

You are right, this is a development version but... this is too much
for me!
I think that's not usefull to upload lots and lots of untested
packages.

After 28/08/2000 the instalation does not work on my VIA 694 with USB
enabled but... I have 2 cd that works, the latest that I can burn!!
Now I'm not able to do absolutely nothing

Finally, yesteday, I have burned a new CD... that does not work:
Do you have... scsi?
No
Unable to find a partition for Cooker.
Stop :(
This happened with "install" or "upgrade" :(

Logitech or Intellimouse works, but I have to select it... the pointer
disappear... press cancel using keyboard, select standard PS/2 and OK...
move the mouse... back to Intellimouse... back to PS/2... and also the
pointer is back. Now I can select Intellimouse.

I'm not talking about "frozen" beta, just speaking of "tested" upgrade
that we can use for testing.
On my system I need to compile every day, and also I have to do some
job: make web pages, send and receive fax, write commercial letters..
But after 28/08 I have an unstable system that still downloading
24 hour a day!
I'm not new with Cooker, last year the updates comes out much slow and are much
more "stable" / usable.

Ok, I know, someone can tell that this is under development. But why you
don't exchange packages "internally" and put updates only when the big
mistakes are solved?

Excuse me for this english :-))) I'm not yelling :-)))
--
Best regards,
alessandro                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]