> It's like the story of mp3 encoders, of crypto, etc. Legalization [e.g.
> being sure of whether we can or can't include such things] is expensive,
> and sometimes some "e.g. managers" from here have to take decisions..

Last time I checked there were no legal problems with having such open
source software. Gnapster works with any napster type server that anyone
could share any kind of file with. A step like this was definately not in
the direction of supporting open source software. All along the position of
Mandrake has been in the support of open source and a free linux community.
It is a sad that day the legal guys at Mandrake decide to remove a package
like this due to a PENDING legal action. IMHO this is a step backwards for
the company. You couldn't support Nvidia or Aureal, but now the company is
removing Gnapster... I apologize if I'm missing some twisted logic, but then
again this is just my oppinion so if it's a problem, please move me to
/dev/null.
(incidently I have a collection of over 200 CDs so I do pay for my music)

Tim McKenzie
Appalachian State University
[EMAIL PROTECTED]