On Thu Sep 21, 2000 at 12:39:56PM +0200, Xavier Bertou wrote:

> With the correction of MandrakeUpdate, I could retreive the upgrade of
> glibc from 2.1.2 to 2.1.3. Everything seemed fine, but wasn't :(
> zsh dies with segmentation fault, it is probably not the only one as the
> rotation of log files gave a lot of errors.

I just tried this (I use bash myself) and I see the problem but I'm at
a loss as to why it happens.  Did you get any other errors other than
just the segmentation fault?  bash works fine with the new glibc.

There is a problem with the locales, and these need to be upgraded to
the 2.3 version of the locales packages (ie. for you it would be
locales and locales-fr I imagine).  I tried running zsh after updating
the locales, but it didn't work either so I'm at a loss as to why zsh
doesn't work, and you're the first to report this problem.  We will
look into it however.

> I downgraded to original 2.1.2 and everything is fine.
> Is someone testing the "security upgrades" for something else than latest
> 7.2b ? I mean, it's very frustrating to have a tool to upgrade the
> security of your system, and to break your machine when you use it. Does
> the Mandrake team have somewhere a LM 7.0 running to try the upgrades ?

Some testing is done but, like I said, I use bash, not zsh so
obviously I didn't encounter that problem during testing.  Everything
else seems to work just fine with the new glibc as long as the 2.3
locales are installed.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED], OpenPGP key available on www.keyserver.net
// Danen Consulting Services    www.danen.net, www.freezer-burn.org

Current Linux uptime: 5 hours 18 minutes.