Ben Reser wrote:

> Is there some reason that all the file dates got changed to Friday Sep 22nd?
> Because I had to reget everything with my rsynch.

Did you change mirror?   If so, you can expect this.

There was no date change on sunsite.uio.no, the primary mirror that I
use.

If you see this happening, cancel the rsync at once and run:

fmirror -T ...

Read man fmirror.   If the file name and size match between server
and local, fmirror will trust you and change the local file timestamp
to match (+- time zone) the server's file timestamp, which rsync will
accept and not download everything again.

--
Regards,

Ron. [in AU, busy 625-line-PAL-TV-watching the Olympics]