Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:

> John Grange <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I am having some serious kernel problems in both 2.2.17-11 and
> > 2.4.0-24.. i'l start with the 2.2.17
> > I need to have agp compiled into the kernel not as a module as it is
> > very unstable as a module on my mb (ali154x)
> > when compiling in the kernel i get errors at the final link in main.o
> > about call's to to undeclared functions (agp_setup) and (agp_initialize)
> > as well as a problem with drivers/char/Makefile and
> > drivers/char/agp/Makefile
> > one the agp/Makefile creates agp.o
> > the drivers/char/Makefile looks for agpgart.o
>
> You have compiled DRM support directly in the kenrel but not the AGP
> support, what :
>
> grep -E '(AGP|DRM)' .config
>
> say ?

but normaly i do not have DRM usualy compiled but either or that dose not
affect anything...

the problem is with the settings you have in init/main.c they do not exist
anywhere in the agp source.. there are no functions agp_setup or
agp_initilize

CONFIG_AGP=y
# CONFIG_AGP_INTEL is not set
# CONFIG_AGP_I810 is not set
# CONFIG_AGP_VIA is not set
# CONFIG_AGP_AMD is not set
# CONFIG_AGP_SIS is not set
CONFIG_AGP_ALI=y
CONFIG_DRM=y
# CONFIG_DRM_TDFX is not set
# CONFIG_DRM_GAMMA is not set
# CONFIG_DRM_R128 is not set
# CONFIG_DRM_I810 is not set
CONFIG_DRM_MGA=m

> > ok my next try after spending some time in #linux was to dl the
> > 2.4.0-test8 bziped source
>
> Did you try the hackkernel ?

yes i have tried compoling the hackkernel-source, hackkernel-normal..... (as
in dirrect install)