Tim Wegner wrote:

> Jean Meloche wrote:
>
> > 3- when the screensaver kicks in, it sometimes impossible to
> >    wake it up without restarting X.
>
> I have the same problem. After the screen saver kicks in, the
> screen is completely dead and moving the mouse or pressing a
> key doesn't wake it up. I hope this gets fixed. Meanwhile, what
> keystrokes restart the X server? I have been powering down to
> recover, which is pretty drastic and dangerous.

Ctrl-Alt-Backspace will normally restart the X server if the keysequence
hasnt been disabled.

You probably want to try disabling the power-saving daemon apmd,
# service apmd stop
# checkconfig --level 2345 apmd stop

OR turning off power saving in the X server but editing your
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file and inserting a # character at the start of the
line 'Option "dpms" "on"'.

--
- Antony Suter  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])  "Examiner"  openpgp:71ADFC87
- "And how do you store the nuclear equivalent of the universal solvent?"