I am using a WD 20.5 G hard drive (205BA) . I also have a Maxtor  8. g hard
drive set up with a windows file system as a secondary drive. The 20.5 primary is
on a removable rack so that I can switch back to windows. I have removed the
secondary drive and still have the trouble . I have even went to the point where I
wrote all zeros to the 20 G drive. I have used rescue and reformatted the drive
and I still have the trouble. .

         Gerry Fischbach