Guillaume Rousse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Also sprach Guillaume Rousse :
> >
> > Also sprach Nick Webb :
> > >
> > > hi:
> > >
> > >         In the beta (as of last night) if you try to add all files in a
> > > directory it doesn't work.  This is a VERY SMALL problem.  I just thought
> > > I would let everyone know . . . since I have a feeling if I don't I'll end
> > > up rebuilding xmms everytime I install a Mandrake Box ;)  If no one fixes
> > > it though I won't be too mad . . . has anyone else seen this problem?  If
> > > people out they trust me I may be able to supply a fixed RPM (if I
> > > have time :( ). . .
> > Everything is fine by me, with xmms-1.2.3-1mdk. So check first it's a
> > xmms problem, not a file perm problem, by lauching xmms as root for
> > example. If it's not the case, and rebuilding corrects this, then you
> > can provide a source RPM with correction in the changelog, never a
> > binary RPM.
> Ok, i found what the problem is : file are effectively added, but play
> list is no more automatically refreshed (see changelog).
> Just click on it for forcing refresh.

Yes, there is a f&*(&*cking memory leak that I spent muuuuuch time to
detect (we thought it was in oggvorbis plugin). It seems to be the
playlist refresh, though I don't understand why. If I have time I will try
to commit a better patch (nothing in xmms cvs currently) if I can manage
to understand when exactly the leak comes from.

Currently ihe 2mdk is better since xmms won't eat you approx 150 Mbytes of
memory after 2/3 days of use :-((.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau -- Distribution Developer for MandrakeSoft
http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/