> > Well, I use 4.7 and it works fine for me (4.72 is OK too, AFAIK)... What's so
> > new in 4.75, except new bugs? I run helix gnome and it works much better than
> > the versions I've seen with both 7.1 and 7.2b3.
>
> What sort of problems have you encountered with our version of Gnome ?

The most annoying problems I had was with my wheel mouse (note that it is
correctly detected and the wheel works in XFree). It seems like half of the
gnome(or gtk) widgets (scroll windows) that used to be "wheel-aware" don't work
anymore with the wheel (I worked both in mdk 7.0 and helix gnome). Also, in
gnome-terminal, instead of scrolling the terminal, the wheel has the same effect
as the up/down terminal keys, which is to bring up previous command lines. To
summerize, I would say that the wheel support in gnome is about half of what it
was in mandrake 7.0.

Another problem I had was that gmix doesn't start because it doesn't find the
mixer interface (I have an SB Live!)... although just all the other mixers (like
kmix) manage to find it.

I also had a problem with the sawfish configuration applet, but was told it was
fixed.

        Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Valin
Universite de Sherbrooke - Genie Electrique