on 10/2/00 3:25 AM, Chmouel Boudjnah at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>>> I've got an ASUS A7V and need to see the ATA-100 devices during the install.
>>
>> it should work ok, uh? chmouel?
>
> Yes should work according to some peopl here, but not really supported.

I tried the 7.2beta3 iso image and it didn't see the other 2 drives that I
have on the ATA-100 bus.

>> in any case, you can use the blank.img (see mandrake.com/en/heliumlast.php3)

OK - that's great to know, but it doesn't ever start the installer. This is
what I did from the instructions at
<http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/heliumlast.php3>:

dd if=blank.img of=/dev/fd0
2880+0 records in
2880+0 records out
ls -l vmlinuz
-rw-r--r-- 1 root   561682 Oct 2 03:59 vmlinuz
mcopy vmlinuz a:

The only problem is that when I boot up off of the floppy it never starts
the installer. I get the window that says "Hit Enter to install or upgrade"
but it just boots the machine like normal and doesn't ever run the
installer.

Any ideas?
--
Darron