On Wed Oct 04, 2000 at 03:22:30AM +1300, paul wrote:

> I lent my 7.2b3 CDs to a friend of mine who is I have to say very happy
> with his Linux. I encountered some differences between his system and
> mine where security is concerned. I presume he just installed his
> version with a different install setting than myself. When he starts up
> his machine which is set to go straight into init 5, he is automatically
> logged in. On my system I get the GDM login screen (how it should be!).
> How can I set his computer *not* to automatically log him in. Another
> security feature is that his normal users are able to use commands like
> lsmod, whereas on my system I have to be root to do this. How do I make
> his system more secure? Is there a Mandrake tool to change Mandrake
> security levels?

Did he install with "Welcome to crackers" security level (or whatever
it's called)?  Anyways, tell him to fire up DrakConf and use the
"Security Level" button to launch draksec which will let him change
the security levels.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED], OpenPGP key available on www.keyserver.net
// Danen Consulting Services    www.danen.net, www.freezer-burn.org

Current Linux uptime: 2 days 21 hours 19 minutes.