I tried to do an install using the network disk image from beta 3
made with dd.

I have cable and my isp uses dhcp but also requires that the hostname,
which is the account name on there system, be sent in the dhcp request.

I could not find any way of doing this in the disk image boot process, and I
think the only program that will do it is dhclient with the
 "send host-name = xxxxxx" directive. The standard dhcpd won't work(?)

Could this be looked at and fixed for the final version of 7.2?

Cheers James.

Computers are like air conditioners,
They stop working when you open windows.