Ron Stodden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > You no more have to provide the videmem parameter. Idem for tuner
> > in most cases. Because we've upgraded bttv up to 0.7.35 in kernel
> > and 0.7.43 in hackkernel.
>
> Then what is needed to use a TV card in L-M 7.2?
>
> Kudzu recognises the card and 'configures' it (whatever that means
> <g>).
>
> Are we at the stage that all a L-M 7.2 non-root user has to do is run
> xawtv or kwintv?

yes but you've to scan for tv channels :-)
for xawtv, type 'scantv ~/.xawtvrc'
for kwintv, the first time you run it, it'll scan for tv channels.

Note1: for a few cards, you may have to specify the tuner.
Note2: i'ven't yet tested kwintv as non-root.

> Is that the goal for 7.2?    Would be nice!

i believe it is already

> Does this 'installed and ready to go' include FM radio and the IR
> remote control?

nope. I've no FM radio card to test. tv cards are autoconfigured. if someone want
to come in mandrakesoft office with his card or want to send us what is do be done
for radio card (pci id of these cards, what to do when there is one, ...)

> And xawtv, kwintv, radio menu items?

xawtv and kwintv are in Multimedia/Video menu.