"Ernesto [ErneX] Gonzalez Aroca" wrote:
> I've tried to install Mandrake 7.2 with no success, the cd loads ok and then
> gives an error trying to mount the cdrom drive. I have installed redhat,
> mandrake 7.0 - 7.1 with no problems on the same machine.

Have had what appears to be the same problem. Seems to care about the CD drive
(Acer 50-speed model 650P-003 in my case) and yet works OK in one out of four
machines here (a K6-II-300 works, another doesn't (both Azza mobos), a K6-II-450
(AOpen mobo) fails, a Pentium-120 fails). Using a different CD drive helps.
Seems to work with a dodgy old 8-speed but the drive's so dead it never finishes
an install (increasing arror rate and dies completely about 2/3 of way through).
Using a DVD (TUV model SR-8585B) breaks it even on the machine that succeeds
with the Acer CD.

Symptom is "entering second stage install... [dead]".

--
Mind-altering drugs... are not inherently anti-social -- but it's hard
to observe all the niceties of etiquette when you're being chased down