Nick Webb wrote:

>         I wast to transfer the 7.2beta from rpmfind.net via rsync.  I
> already have the directory off of rpmfind downloaded, but I wish to update
> it using rsync.  I tried using this command:
>
> rsync -av rpmfind.net:linux/MandrakeCooker/7.2beta/i586 /mylocaldir
>
> and I get a 'unexpected EOF in read_timeout'

Apart from the missing final /s and inadequate switches (you don't
want a, since it downloads the owner and group and all the
permissions), and the strange address (7.2beta is not a part of
Cooker - it runs in parallel) you might do better and faster by using
the popular Mandrake-devel fast downloading rsync tools downloadable
from my web page:

http://ronst.members.optushome.com.au

--
Regards,