Hello,

        Unfortunately, because of the nature of my work, I'm going to
have to maintain this machine as a dual-boot environment, with the
other boot - which i hope to become less and less dependent on - being
Windows.

        I currently use Netscape for my mail, and have been trying to
use the same directory on the Windows side for both the Linux and
Windows e-mail files.  The files, as far as I can tell, have the same
structure - and indeed I can copy one off Windows and put it in Linux
and Netscape is very happy to read it - however, I can't get Netscape
to recognise the files when they reside on /mnt/windows.

        At one point I thought it might be something like a space in
the path name, as the directory they resided on in Windows is:
C:\Program Files\Netscape\Users\Meyerv
so I moved the files to C:\ which maps to \mnt\windows.  Still no
go.  If I copy them from Windows and place them anywhere in Linux
they read ok.

        Probably not a cooker problem - so how to foward this to the
Netscape people?

        Vincent Meyer