On Mon, 09 Oct 2000, Ron Stodden wrote:
> Peter Ruskin wrote:
> > 1.  I kept getting  the "There was an error installing packages:"
> > message for locales-es, ~pl, ja, netscape-polish, ~japanese, ~spanish,
> > etc., none of which I had selected (expert install - workstation).
>
> Oops!  Have I goofed?   no_rsync.pl has been developed and only
> tested with a:
>
> customized - install - development
>
> install, on the assumed basis that other install type variants should
> not call for any additional locales.
>
> Rather than undertaking a large project to test all the variants of
> install type (anybody?), I will make what seems to be an install type
> restriction clearer in the readme.html that comes with the fast
> downloader.

I don't think it was anything to do with your script, Ron.  The Cooker
installation was looking for files that it had no business looking for.
The messages were harmless, though, and didn't affect the installation one
bit.

Cheers

 Peter Ruskin          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Wrexham, UK          KDE - the professionals' choice