Also sprach Guillaume Rousse :

> Some problems encountered with MandrakeUpdate :
> - errors in detecting package versions. For example, mc-4.5.51-6mdk is
> listed, whereas mc-4.5.51-7mdk is installed.
I found the problem. It was caused by failed upgrades, where the old
version package was not removed. So MandrakeUpdate listed old version,
but upgrading to new one failed also.
The problem is more related to rpm, in fact, but MandrakeUpdate could
also detects those situation and warns the user.
--
Guillaume Rousse

Murphy's law : If anything can go wrong, it will.
O'Tool's commentary : Murphy was an optimist.