On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, you wrote:
> Bryan Paxton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Why is mandrake going to a cvs snapshot of gcc ?
> > You would think of all the much about redhat doing so, you'd think more
> > than twice about a move like this.
> > And even statement(I'd more likely call it an advisory) from the gcc team
> > ?
>
> If you notice we have the flag and not [CHRPM] and  not [FROZEN-CHRPM]
> that mean it for cooker not for frozen install.

Ok so this isn't going into the 7.2 release then?

And for those of us mirroring cooker regularly to beta/release test it isn't
this going to introduce another variable if it isn't going into 7.2 release?
What problems can those of us who are regularly updating expect if we update
to 2.96 only to have 7.2 release with 2.95, and what about the programs we
compile with one to switch to the other in the meantime?

ie. why should we be using it at all now in cooker even when the whole point
of cooker right now is to test what will be released?