One package I use that isn't included in Mandrake that would make a great
addition.

LinNeighborhood
http://www.bnro.de/~schmidjo/

Allows samba browsing of network shares, very nice and configurable, been
using it for a couple years now.

KDE smb:/ browsing is SLOOOOOOOW and doesn't allow direct access to shared
files, it copies them first - ie. playing an mp3 that's on a remote host by
clicking on it first copies the file over. Linneighborhood mounts the share.
And it's much much much faster at browsing, and can be configured to open
pretty much any filemanager for the new mount.

The gnome samba browser doesn't impress me at all to say the least.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I figured the developers
should be the ones to hear, and I didn't know of anyplace to make requests.