Mike & Tracy Holt wrote:

> Hello cooker!
>         I d/l'd 7.2beta - rc1 using wget -rm.  I got everything under Mandrake/ and
> then made a bootdisk from hd.img.  After I tell it where my Mandrake 'tree'
> is, I get the screen 'Error reading second stage ramdisk'.  This doesn't
> seem right, can you help?  Is there a premade ISO out there yet?

You must download from:

Mandrake-devel/7.2beta/i586/

not from:

Mandrake-devel/7.2beta/i586/Mandrake/

otherwise you only get a subset, leaving out important things (like
the hd.img file).

I cannot imagine why that directory is called Mandrake - it seems a
bad error and should be changed.  But you were not downloading
Mandrake.  You were downloading the precursor 7.2 beta.

--
Regards,

Ron. [AU]