Thierry Vignaud wrote:
> when you can put 6 scsi disks in a raid0, it makes a difference against
> eide which can only use 2 (4 on new raid66/100 motherboards) disks
> because of the silly master/slave hierarchy.

Ummm... as I understand it, Linux now knows how to drive more than 2 IDEs per
controller, not sure if you need to do surgery on a cable or what the new
head-count limit is, but I remember a recent linux-kernel list message which
said it can be done.

--
A computer without Microsoft and IBM is like chocolate cake without
ketchup and mustard. -- Jonathan Nicholson