DISCLAIMER :)
Yes, I did read the RC announcement and I know Ulysses-3 is not the latest
state of development, unfortunately I just finished the download of Beta 3.
So if any of these issues has been fixed by now, I'm sorry, OTOH I think
maybe some could be still solved if I report fast. I didn't find an archive
for this list and at least for the main part (isdn4net package) I couldn't
find any bug report filed by now.

1. I'm really impressed!
----------------

2. ISDN configuration: (isdn4net-1.4.3-9mdk)
----------------
I installed the isdn4net package and _tried_ to configure my ISP dialup
during install. The results:

- in /etc/ppp/{pap,chap}-secrects, the user name and password are not quoted,
which is bad if you have a #-sign in your user name (a very big German ISP
does that for all of its users...)

- in /etc/isdn/profile/link/myisp the variable I4L_LOCALMSN contained only
the last four digits of the MSN I entered during setup

- /etc/isdn/profile/card/mycard had I4L_MODULE set to "" instead of "hysax"
although I did select a card and the hardware params had been set accordingly.
Also, I4L_ID="HiSax" was missing, so that hisaxctl called from
/etc/rc.d/init.d/isdn4linux just spit out a usage message

- /etc/rc.d/init.d/network explicitly excludes ippp devices! Why that? the
ifcfg-ippp0 had ONBOOT set to "no" so preventing users from unwanted dialups
can't be the reason. After I removed the
            egrep -v 'ifcfg-ippp[0-9]+$' | \
line and set ONBOOT to "yes", the interface was brought up as should be (I
asked for autodial mode, so I'm likely to want the interface go up on boot
time, no?)

- I needed to do the following to get the default route to ippp0 right:
        * Add the following lines before ifup-post is called to
/etc/syscontrol/network-scripts/ifup-ippp:

.. /etc/sysconfig/network

if [ -n "$GATEWAYDEV" -a "$GATEWAYDEV" == "$DEVICE" ]; then
        route add default $DEVICE
fi
        * Add I4L_PPPOPTIONS="defaultroute" to /etc/isdn/profile/link/myisp
        * Create /etc/ppp/ip-down.local:
#!/bin/bash

.. /etc/sysconfig/network

if [ -n "GATEWAYDEV" -a "$GATEWAYDEV" == "$1" ]; then
        /sbin/route add default $1
fi

3. Minor issues
----------------
- /etc/rc.d/init.d/fetchmail (fetchmail-daemon-5.5.1-2mdk) contains a
copy&paste bug as it runs
status smbd
status nmbd
when invoked with "status" as parameter :)

- IMHO the netfilter-package for 2.4 kernels is _badly_ missing, the only
usable up-to-date rpm I found was a RH7.0 SRPM...

- ypserv-1.3.11-2mdk lacks a dependancy to mawk as that is needed for the
Makefile in /var/yp

- harddrake-0.9.3-3mdk needs Xlibs to be installed. Would be great if
harddrake-text could be split off so that one can install that on X-less
server boxes

- proftpd (proftpd-1.2.0rc2-4mdk) is configured to be run from inetd with the
parameters -a -l
That enables every user to connect to a so installed box to see wich modules
are compiled in! (besides that it does not serve as an ftp daemon with such
arguments)

Nonetheless, I know it is a development version and it is a great
distribution, I'm looking forward to 7.2 final!
-Malte Starostik