On Sat Oct 14, 2000 at 05:44:34PM +0100, Taco Witte wrote:

> I encountered a (very) little problem with gnupg-1.0.3-1.i586.rpm. When I installed
>it using root, it made a ~/.gnupg directory,
> but if I start it the first time with a normal user account, it doesn't create a
>~/.gnupg directory, making it unable to be used.

This isn't a problem.  The only reason /root/.gnupg is created (if it
doesn't already exist) is to import the two Mandrake gpg keys to the
keyring so you can verify rpms that you are installing.

It doesn't do this for users because it would be silly to put those
two keys in every user's keyring.  You need to make your own
private/public key set as the user and gnupg will make the directory.
Normal behaviour of gpg is not to make that directory until you create
a keyring of your own (or copy your old keyrings to that directory).

If you really want, as root do "cp -av ~/.gnupg ~user/.gnupg" and
you'll get those mandrake keys in a default public keyring.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED], OpenPGP key available on www.keyserver.net
// Danen Consulting Services    www.danen.net, www.freezer-burn.org

Current Linux uptime: 1 day 13 hours 50 minutes.