> * Sun Oct 15 2000 Geoffrey Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 3.0b2pl8-1mdk

> - new patch level version.

> --

Hi, I'm having some problems with the latest incarnation of Mandrake's
dhcp client / server.

First of all, with the latest version installed (dhcp-3.0b2pl8-1mdk), no
dhcp requests get answered. The netstat -rn and config files are the
same, I see that dhcpd is binding to the eth1 interface (as it should in
my network). Both my Linux and windoze client don't get an IP-address.
When I replaced the dhcp package with the previous one
(dhcp-3.0b2pl2-7mdk) it worked again (no config file changes, etc).

Then: the dhcp-client. This one produces:

bogus UDP packet length: 308

and doesn't get a reply (from the new or old dhcp server).

Maybe patchlevel 9 (which was released on 15/10/2000) will fix the
problem, see Relnotes file:

                Changes since 3.0 Beta 2 Patchlevel 8

- Oops, there was another subtle math error in the header-length
  bounds-checking.

Good luck,

Stefan