Le lun, 16 oct 2000, vous avez écrit :
> Have done a fresh install of RC1 using Recommend  Installation Option and
> sound seems to be working everywhere and with everything except for the KDE
> System Events (system events in the other installed wm's work).  Using
> sndconfig results in the message ESS Solo1 Audiodrive is not supported,
> using HardDrak I get the successful completion message w/ sound.  System
> Events worked under beta3 using the same Recommended Installation Option.
> Has something changed or did I forget something.
>
> Other than that the enitre install went flawlessly and kudo's to all those
> involved.
>
> K. Danna

I have installed a mandrake 7.2beta RC1, and I have the same problem in KDE
Using sndconfig, the good card is detected (SB Live), but the KDE System
Events doesn't work.
Moreover, when I select a file for an event and I click on the play button,
nothing come out of the speaker.
The sound server aRts seems to work, since there is no error message when I
start KDE, and the aRts control application works.